Tailor-made Trips for Groups
Our specialist trip planners are on hand to support teachers and schools through every stage of the process. We are also happy to speak with parent / guardians and students at any stage to help them prepare for an enjoyable and worthwhile trip.
We have in excess of 40 years’ teaching experience among our advisors and have planned and led hundreds of weeks worth of very successful trips abroad.
How we work
If you would like a ‘closed group’ (typically one school but can be arranged in conjunction with schools in a trust or neighbouring schools for example), we can provide a tailor made package.
Below is an outline of the process:
- Consider dates, the number of students, type of accommodation and meals basis. Think also how many teachers (if any) will be travelling. We will provide a Group Leader for every group work experience trip so you can keep the cost down by not sending staff if you choose. However, if you want to enjoy the experience with your students, we are happy to offer a quote accordingly. If there are any sections you cannot complete then we are happy to offer advice.
- Complete the Enquiry Form on this page.
- One of our specialists will contact you for further details and preferences or to discuss your ideas before providing a quote.
- Blue Stamp will provide you a tailor-made quote containing a range of prices for various numbers of students. We know that the number of students can vary so we will be as flexible as possible.
- Before your booking we will provide you with:
- Powerpoint / Prezi presentation to promote your trip
- Posters to promote your trip
- Sample text for letters to parents
- A case for Work Experience Abroad for your SLT, or Trust board
- Support to respond to any questions from students or parents / carers
- Sample risk assessments in order to support you completing your own risk assessment
- Other documentation as required
- Our contact details for students and/or parents us should they require any support
- When you confirm how many students you would like to book we will send you a form to complete with students’ names (as per their passports) and invoice for the first deposit (£175 per paying passenger). Alternatively students can pay us directly if you prefer via their MyAccount.
- The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure. We will invoice you accordingly or students can pay via their MyAccounts if you prefer us to manage payments directly.
- In the meantime we ask that students enrol to complete their application online. This reduces any burden of paperwork for schools. We will use this information to help us identify the correct placement for your students.
- If you need copies of risk assessments, our safety management plan, insurance documents etc. we are happy to provide these at any point.
- We will send a pack of information for each student to school along with a teacher pack about 2 weeks prior to departure
I was very impressed by the organisation and information packs shared with students prior to the trip. Also our named contact was available 24/7 and helped throughout the trip. The feedback about host families from students was outstanding!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a teacher have to travel with the group?
We provide a Group Leader with every work experience trip so there is no need to send a teacher unless you choose to. We have a mix of trips that travel with and without teachers, both equally successful.
What type of accommodation should we choose?
From a language learning point of view, a host family can offer a great deal. A host family can also help students learn about local and national culture. Hotel accommodation allows the group to stay together and socialise and can help when trying to arrange cultural visits. Host families are available in France and Spain.
How much paperwork is involved?
We aim to remove the burden on teachers by assigning each student a MyAccount where they will manage their trip by communicating with us directly. Copies of this information will be provided to you as required.
Much of what you will be required to do will depend upon your school’s policy. We will help to reduce this workload as much as possible by providing the necessary documents.
Do students deal with Blue Stamp Travel directly?
We encourage students to be as involved as possible in their trip, developing independence and taking responsibility for their administration and planning. We are happy to speak with students (or parents / guardians) to help them at every stage.
Does the school pay Blue Stamp or do the students pay directly?
We are happy to arrange payment in the most convenient way to suit you. Students can make payments via the MyAccount or we can invoice the school on request.