Health and Safety Policy Statement
Health and Safety
As part of our ongoing commitment to Health & Safety we take the following steps (not an exhaustive list):
- Work placements are allocated giving consideration to the students travelling paying particular attention to students with additional needs.
- Work Placements complete a health & safety audit prior to the first time a placement is used and on each consecutive placement during the placement.
- Hotels / hostels are audited in line with School Travel Forum best practice guidance.
- Coach companies used comply with up to date safety checks and are members of recognised bodies highlighting their commitment to health and safety.
- Language schools provide evidence of their public liability insurance annually.
- Host Families are arranged via an agent who provides evidence of their public liability insurance annually.
- Group Leaders are selected for their skills at working with young people. We use feedback from each visit to recruit Group Leaders in the future.
- Safeguarding procedures are in place to ensure health and safety of students travelling with us. Please refer to our Safeguarding Policy.
- Risk assessments are provided for schools to use on Tailor Made Group trips via our Teacher Resources area.
- Our Safety Management Systems are reviewed annually.
If you would like specific information about our Health & Safety procedures please do not hesitate to contact us.
Further Recommended Reading
There are numerous sources of best practice from which we draw our practices. You may wish to consult some of the following for your own peace of mind: