Spain | Valencia | A Level Revision
A Level Revision Course
These courses are available throughout the year starting every Monday. Students can travel for a week, two weeks or longer. We are able to tailor packages to suit your requirements and the time you have available.
Valencia, Spain's third largest city, is on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. This beautiful Spanish language school is located deep in the heart of Valencia's old town, just a step away from all the interesting sights and services. The four storey former palace has been carefully renovated into a stunning language school that compliments history with modernism. Inside the school you will see walls from its 11th Century Arab roots which penetrate through the classrooms and open spaces, creating both an atmosphere of history and mystique. There are 28 classrooms, all of which are filled with natural light, have full air-conditioning facilities and interactive whiteboards. If studying in a stunning location rich in history isn't enough, during breaks students can also make the most of the relaxed, well equipped social spaces, use the computers and wifi, enjoy the reading area with books and magazines, relax on a choice of two patios or bask in the sunshine on the breathtaking roof terrace, complete with sun loungers, fruit trees and a shower in which to cool off.
The course is split into 3 components.
1. The core course component of 20 lessons concentrates on learning and actively using Spanish, this way the tuition is very much practice oriented. During the mornings you will participate in group sessions with other students of a similar level to you, with lessons focused on improving all aspects of the language.
2. The second component gives you the option of either 5 Spanish Life and Culture or 5 Grammar Skills classes. We will ask you to select your choice for this component before your trip.
3. The third component is an additional 5 individual classes throughout the week, the content of which will be decided by you in advance. We will ask you before you travel what you would like to cover with your tutor during these individual sessions, for example grammar, a specific thematic topic, conversation or exam practice.
Optional Social and Cultural Programme
The school offers a range of activities during the week, such as a games evening, Spanish language workshop, an evening exploring the old town, meal out at a local restaurant, films in the school and excursions further afield. These activities change weekly.
For students wanting to completely immerse themselves in the Spanish language and culture we recommend that you stay with one of our carefully selected Spanish host families. They will not only introduce you to the Spanish way of life and help you practise the Spanish language but will also give you a taste of local and delicious regional specialities. The host families are situated near to the school and provide half board accommodation (breakfast & evening meal) from the Sunday before your course starts to the Saturday after it finishes. Subject to availability, an extra day on one side of your trip may be available on request to facilitate flight dates.
Students of 18 years or older also have the option of staying in one of the school self catering residences with other international students; single rooms are available.
Transfers can be arranged for a fee on request. Alternatively, we can provide directions and all the details you need to use public transport - the efficient and clean Metro runs straight from the airport to the city centre in only 20 minutes!
The school will be closed on 08/12/20, 06/01/21, 19/03/21, 02/04/21, 05/04/21, 12/10/21, 01/11/21, 08/12/21. During these weeks the school replaces lessons with excursions.
Travel and Medical Insurance is available as an optional extra with this package. For more details please see our Insurance page.
Spanish school was great to experience. Every member of staff at the school had a smile on their face, no matter what they were doing or who they were speaking to. My first morning lessons were held by Alessandro who made everything very clear to understand and enjoyable too! My second session in the day was held by Paula who was so enthusiastic to teach Spanish as well as about all the students in the class.
Included in the Package
- 20 Core Spanish lessons per week (Mon – Fri)
- Option to upgrade to a maximum of 2 of the following
- 5 Spanish Life and Culture lessons
- 5 Spanish Grammar lessons
- 5 Spanish Pronunciation lessons
- 5 individual Spanish lessons on a subject / area of your choosing
- Accommodation (optional)
- Social & Cultural Programme (optional)
- Course Certificate
- 24/7 Emergency support from UK office
- Travel and Medical Insurance (optional)
Students are welcome to book into the school for any number of weeks. We have prices for 1 – 4 weeks on our website. We are able to arrange any duration of stay at the language school. Contact us if you would like a package that we have not listed.